Monday, January 21, 2013

Adversity.


"Mommy, look at all of your things!" I hear a tiny voice exclaim from the closet this morning.

It was coming from my two year old, who had joined me in the bathroom as I got ready for the day.  She started naming things, as she does constantly these days, "All these shoes in here! All these make-ups!"

She then started counting and I smiled, watching your child learning never gets old.

Let's just say our family has seen our share of adversity the past year.  We lost loved ones, faced serious health issues with my husband and our infant son, have had multiple repairs needed for our home and appliances, my suburban was recently stolen, the list goes on.

This isn't a pity party, I promise.

The point is, it is easy to get pulled down by all the negativity, especially when it seems like you are being kicked while you are down. It would be easy to throw your hands up, admit defeat.

But your power through. We band together, we hunker down we love each other and we make it. If our house burned down around us (I am soooo not tempting fate right now, it is a metaphor), my little family would still have each other.

My two year old teaches me lessons constantly about charity, love, forgiveness, gratitude, without even knowing it.

"Mommy, look at all of your things!" That's right baby girl, we have so so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment